Work With Us
Join The Robert Weiler Company > Open Positions
If you’re passionate, reliable, and ready to make a change, we want to hear from you!
This role is for someone who already has appraisal experience as a registered appraiser. Interested candidates should email the Director of Appraisal Operations, Gina Molinari, at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter.
Our Ideal New Colleague:
- Has at least two years of experience in the appraisal industry as a Certified Appraiser (residential or commercial) with a genuine desire to grow in the appraisal field.
- Has a desire to collaborate with a team to produce high-quality results and work.
- Has a penchant for extensive research and a keen eye for detail.
- Has strong technical writing skills.
- Has a “can-do” attitude.
- Is committed to reliable, punctual, and quality work.
- Is comfortable working on multiple projects simultaneously and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Is a communicative team player with the ability to work alone, when necessary.
- Performing the valuation analysis for varying types of properties for varying intended purposes.
- Pulling comparable sales data from real estate databases and assisting in the determination of value.
- Assist in extensive research and fact verification related to individual appraisal assignments.
- Attend site visits to assist in taking photographs and notes on the condition of the site.
- Prepare appraisal reports: typing from handwritten and dictated materials, formatting and production of typed documents and reports prepared by senior staff.
- Mapping – primarily using online mapping services and commercial software products.
- Other duties, as requested.
Qualification/Skills Required or Preferred:
- At least two years of experience in the appraisal industry (residential or commercial). Real Estate Appraiser certification required.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference is given to programs that develop skills in written communication, technical analysis and critical thinking.
- Competence in written communications, including strategies, spelling, punctuation and sentence structure. Fluency in English is required. Completion of advanced writing courses is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills – the work requires routine operation of real estate databases (CoStar, MLS, etc.), Microsoft Office programs, use of digital imaging (Google Earth, FEMA, etc.), and online research sites.
- Competence in phone communications, typing and transcription.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to assist in interaction with colleagues, clients and third-party sources.
Supplementary Education Requirements:
Applicants are expected to be working toward a growing future in the appraisal industry. The Robert Weiler Company will accommodate and compensate this person’s attendance to courses that renew or further certification efforts after an initial probationary period.
Conditions of Work:
The position is an office role, and the hours of work are 8.30 am to 5.00 pm Mondays through Fridays with time off on major holidays. Extensive use of computers is a requirement. The position entails occasional to regular travel during normal business hours for site visits within the State of Ohio.
This appraiser must be willing to work the above-listed hours, to prioritize heavy workloads, and have a positive attitude. They will be expected to work well with a team as well as unsupervised.
Pay & Benefits:
Compensation for this role is base pay plus commissions per assignment. A benefits package is available (medical, dental, vision, 401k, 401k match, etc.) including tuition reimbursement for work-related education and professional development.