Find Deals on Commercial Real Estate in Central Ohio: Top 10 Hustling Tips
Some people consider spring and summer the perfect time to clean out their attic. However, March through August is also prime time to find amazing deals on commercial real estate in Central Ohio! These months are also an efficient timeframe to relocate businesses, as inclement weather during the fall and winter can impede the process.
For commercial real estate investors, it may seem like a no-brainer. By March, you’ve already closed out another year of property investments and finances, and it is time to start fresh. Once you’re past tax season, you’ll have a better understanding of your finances, too. Why not start by discovering the best commercial real estate Central Ohio has to offer, and adding to your pool of investments?
However, there is a downside to searching for commercial properties in Central Ohio during this time of the year. Now that the weather is nice, it may seem as though you are not the only one looking… and you are right! However, if you know the tricks of the trade, you can beat your fellow commercial real estate hunters at their game, and come out on top.
Finding good real estate deals involves 10% tactic and 90% hustle. To find the best deal, you need to put in the effort. Get started today with the top ten hustling tips listed below. While some of these tips may seem elementary (read: duh), others take out-of-the-box thinking. You would be surprised by how many seasoned commercial real estate investors do not think of some of these tactics. Get ahead of the curve!
A Commercial Real Estate Investor’s Top 10 List of Hustling Tips:
- Scour the Internet for commercial real estate listings. Knowing where to find commercial properties for sale is key. Check out MLS.com, LoopNet.com, Realtor.com, PropertyShark.com, 42Floors.com, RealMassive.com, CREXi.com, Brevitas.com, Rofo.com, and CommercialCafe.com. Even Craigslist and eBay auctions may surprise you. You can also search our commercial real estate listings to see our current portfolio of properties for sale and lease.
- Become active on social media. Commercial real estate brokers often post available properties. People in your network may do the same, especially if you follow real estate professionals and other investors. There are also tons of networking opportunities for CRE investors. Create an account and network on LinkedIn, in addition to the real estate social networking sites, BiggerPockets.com (in the marketplace or forum), and ActiveRain.com. You may also want to create your own site: Build a Central Ohio commercial real estate investment website, forum, or blog. Then, spread the work on social media and through in-person networking. If this is your niche, why not let the world know you are looking?
- Make the most of your local network. Believe it or not, there are many professional associations where CRE investors can gather offline. Try Meetup.com, Central Ohio Real Estate Entrepreneurs (COREE), EventBrite, and LinkedIn.com. And BiggerPockets.com even offers real estate networking groups that meet in-person in Central Ohio. If you’re looking for commercial property for sale in Columbus, Ohio, reach out to Columbus Property Investors Association (CPIA).
- Post your own classified ad. Doesn’t it feel like all you see are classified ads about homes and commercial properties for sale? Why wait for the right ad to come to you? Create an ad with a catchy title, stating that you want to buy. That might gain some attention.
- Start an outreach campaign. Create a list of commercial real estate companies in Central Ohio. Gather the email addresses of brokers, then send out an email asking them to be on the lookout for you. You need an army of commercial real estate brokers to target your ideal real estate in Central Ohio.
- Hit the streets. Drive through your ideal neighborhoods and office parks in Central Ohio. Commercial real estate listings are not always listed in the newspaper or online; they may come as a sign in front of a property.
- Seek out foreclosures. This means you may need to form relationships with banks, auction owners, and sheriff sales.
- Contact a property wholesaler. A wholesaler will go out and find a good deal on a property themselves; they’ll put that property under contract, then sell that contract to you for a profit. If you’re short on time, this could be your ideal situation. However, if you go this route, find a reputable commercial real estate wholesaler.
- Target rental property landlords. Call independently-managed rental properties and offer to buy the property, instead of renting it. If you make the right offer, perhaps they’ll consider your price. Managing rental properties is not for everyone, but, hey, maybe becoming a property manager is your calling!
- Find off-market commercial real estate deals. There are many benefits to finding unlisted commercial properties. First, most off-market commercial property deals can only be discovered via word-of-mouth; this will lessen your competition. You’ll also have a competitive advantage by seeing the deal before it’s offered publicly. Sellers of off-market properties are more inclined to accept lower offers to reduce the time and effort needed to find other buyers. With off-market commercial real estate, you can sometimes buy the property directly from the seller; this eliminates extra expenses for you, such as broker fees. However, even if you have to buy through a broker, their fees might be lower because the property is off-market.
If you are willing to work hard and hustle, you’ll beat your competition to the punch. There is a plethora of available commercial real estate in Central Ohio at any given time. But finding the right property for your needs and budget takes time, patience, and skill. While other investors look for shortcuts, you will sprint to commercial real estate ownership.
Rather Hire a Broker to Find the Best Deals on Commercial Real Estate in Central Ohio?
If you want to get a good deal but don’t have the time to look, find a commercial real estate broker. The Robert Weiler Company provides unrivaled commercial real estate brokerage services throughout Central Ohio. Did you know that our commercial real estate professionals could also assist you with a suite of CRE needs, besides brokerage? Our expertise also ranges from conducting a thorough property search in Central Ohio, to commercial real estate valuation, commercial real estate development, and even property management. You may also want to learn what a commercial real estate consultant can do for you.
Backed by 85 years in the Central Ohio real estate market, we have a deep acumen of the local market for all commercial property types. Our long history of commercial real estate success will give you a leg up on your competition. Call us today and find out how you can leverage our CRE brokerage expertise to obtain the best deal possible on commercial real estate in Central Ohio: 614-221-4286.