What Are the Benefits of NAR for Realtors in Columbus, Ohio?
Are you looking to advance or better your career as realtors in Columbus, Ohio? Trying to enhance your knowledge of real estate or grow your network? There’s one place for all of those things: The National Association of REALTORS®, otherwise known to industry “insiders” as NAR.
Realtors in Columbus, Ohio… Are You Familiar with the National Association of REALTORS®?
The National Association of REALTORS® is actually the largest trade association in America. They are “The Voice for Real Estate.”
Representing over 1,300,000 members, the National Association of REALTORS® is comprised of institutes, societies, and councils; they’re involved in all aspects of residential and commercial real estate industries. Members come from all facets of the industry and have one common goal: professional development and exchange of information for realtors in Columbus, Ohio and throughout the United States.
Here are some quick facts… National Association of REALTORS® members:
- consist of residential and commercial brokers, salespeople, property appraisers, property managers, real estate consultants, and other industry professionals;
- belong to 1,165+ local associations;
- are from 54 states and territories;
- all pledged to a Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice; and
- are working to become more successful.
But why does this association exist?
The core purpose of the National Association of REALTORS®, as stated on their website, is to “help its members become more profitable and successful.”
NAR works for not just real estate brokers, but also property owners, to make the real estate industry a better place. The REALTORS® receive professional development and exchange ideas to make this industry a better one.
The National Association of REALTORS® strives to become the force that shapes the real estate industry – and they are well on their way to doing so!
- The organization seeks to be the leading advocate of the right to own, use, and transfer real property.
- They work to become the acknowledged leader in developing standards for efficient, effective, and ethical real estate business practices.
The National Association of REALTORS® is incredibly valued by realtors in Columbus, Ohio, as they are integral to the REALTORS® successes.
Why Should I Join the National Association of REALTORS®?
Understanding what the organization does is only half of the value of the National Association of REALTORS®. In fact, there are many benefits in joining, beyond just the “title.”
Members of the National Association of REALTORS® (or one of their local associations, for a realtor in Columbus, Ohio) gain access to a wealth of amenities; take advantage of business tools, real estate market data, educational opportunities, networking opportunities, and discount programs designed for career development and success.
- Access to Exclusive Resources: As a member of the National Association of REALTORS®, you have access to specialty programs; choose from the REALTOR Benefits® Program, Member Value Plus Program, the NAR Library, Realtors Property Resource®, NAR’s Research & Statistics, and more.
- Protection Options: Everyone needs insurance for both work and their personal lives. There are a variety of personal insurance options, including the REALTORS® Insurance Marketplace, a private exchange just for members. Additionally, REALTORS® can get member-only discounts on auto, home, and renters insurance.
- Discounted Technology: Professional real estate agents know that technology – and the access you have to it – changes the game. With member-only pricing on tablets, PCs, laptops, and smartphone technology, you’re sure to be ahead of the curve.
- Banking Services + Risk Management: Manage your entire financial life from start to finish; enjoy member-only exclusive access to credit cards, credit unions, and programs for risk management.
- Educational Tools: Learning and growing is the easiest way to be more successful as a REALTOR®. Discounts on courses that count towards certifications and workshops allow real estate agents (among others in the industry) to learn from one another; these are just some of the educational tools available.
- MVP Offers: Beyond everything else, there are perks for active members, too! The MVP winners are announced bi-weekly and get special offers as a reward.
How Can I Join the National Association of REALTORS®?
For realtors in Columbus, Ohio, it’s helpful to know that membership in a local association of REALTORS® automatically extends your membership in both the state association and national association. However, if you are not a member of your local real estate association, such as ColumbusREALTORS®, and want to become a member, you need to join there first!
You can find and join a local REALTOR® association in your area by viewing their online directory Or email NAR with your name and contact information to receive an email with local associations in your area. Alternatively, their “contact” page provides alternative contact methods, such as phone, Skype, live chat, Twitter, and Facebook.
How Do I Become a REALTOR®?*
- Join your local real estate association. (For realtors in Columbus, Ohio, check out our overview of www.ColumbusREALTORS.com.)
- Pay your dues.
- Once you join, offer the membership to all agents, brokers, and real estate appraisers that are licensed or affiliated with you; they now have the option to join as members of that association.
- Use the NAR branding to build trust, stand out from the crowd, and expand your network.
*While the organization is open to the entire industry, the term REALTOR® identifies a professional who is a member and subscribes to their Code of Ethics.
For more information, check out their website at www.nar.realtor. You’ll find a wealth of helpful resources, their entire Code of Ethics, and information about joining.
Are You Here Because You’re Seeking a REALTOR®?
If you’re interested in buying or selling commercial property in Central Ohio and seeking certified REALTORS in Columbus, Ohio, you’re at the right place. With an 80-year history of optimal performance, look no further than The Robert Weiler Company. Call us at 614-221-4286 to learn how we can help.