Robert J. “Bob” Weiler, Sr.
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD
- office (614) 221-4286 x104
- direct (614) 222-0181
- Honored with the 2020 C-Suite Lifetime Achievement Award from Columbus Business First
- Served on the faculty of The Ohio State University, Franklin University, and Capital University Law and Graduate Schools
- Served for six years on the Ohio Real Estate Appraiser Board, including a stint as Chairman
- Founding Member and current Chairman of the Affordable Housing Trust
- Previous President of the Ohio Chapter of the Appraisal Institute and the Columbus Realtors
Robert J. “Bob” Weiler, Sr. joined The Robert Weiler Company in 1957. After receiving an undergraduate degree from the University of Arizona, Bob also earned a Master’s degree in real estate and a Doctoral degree in finance from The Ohio State University in 1964 and 1968 respectively. Bob was awarded a Juris Doctorate degree from the Capital University Law School and was admitted to the Ohio Bar in 1983. He has served on the faculty of The Ohio State University, Franklin University and Capital University Law and Graduate Schools and is a regular lecturer for The Ohio Association of Realtors. He served for six years on the Ohio Real Estate Appraiser Board and served as Chairman.
Bob received his MAI and SREA designations and served as President of the Ohio Chapter of the Appraisal Institute and the Columbus Board of Realtors. In 1976, Bob was selected as Realtor of the Year by the Columbus Realtors and the Ohio Association of Realtors and has also served as Director of the National Association of Realtors. And, most recently, Bob was honored with the prestigious 2020 C-Suite Lifetime Achievement Award from Columbus Business First; this award honors two of the most admired CEOs and other top executives in Central Ohio, and is determined by a vote of their peers.
Active in the Columbus community, Bob has served as President of the Columbus Board of Education and has maintained leadership roles for many organizations including Capital University, Center of Science and Industry (COSI), The Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission, Pilot Dogs, Inc., Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing (OCCH), Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA), The Ohio State University Athletic Council, Columbus Urban League, the Affordable Housing Trust and Columbus Metropolitan YMCA. A long time supporter of the United Way, Bob served as Campaign Chairman in 1998.