How to Find Reputable Commercial Real Estate Companies in Columbus, Ohio Monday, May 09, 2016
Commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio seem to be everywhere; do they not? It seems as though you cannot go online or open the newspaper without seeing an advertisement for one, here in Columbus. When you consider the local economic climate, can you really blame a realtor for trying to get your attention?
Despite the economic recovery throughout the United States, the average list price for commercial properties in Columbus, Ohio has remained steady; and the inventory has been selling rapidly. With such a fantastic market, and a local standard of living below the national average, commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio would be foolish not to try to grab your ear! However, if you are looking to buy or sell commercial real estate in Columbus, Ohio, it’s best to do your homework before choosing a realtor to assist you. Below, we’ve outlined tips on finding reputable CRE companies, as well as the right questions to ask.
Choosing Between Commercial Real Estate Companies
You are making a wise investment by looking into real estate Columbus, Ohio has to offer. Don’t forget that! A commercial real estate company needs to be by your side and have your best interest in mind. Whether you are buying or selling, you need someone who understands you and will speak to your interests.
First things first, understand the basics:
- A commercial real estate agency is a company consisting of many real estate agents who will act as the middleman when in regards to property.
- A commercial real estate agent is the person you will be working with on behalf of the real estate agency you select. This person will do your negotiations for you.
Reputable commercial real estate companies will not have real estate agents on staff that are not of stellar quality. For that reason, you want to be sure you are choosing the best real estate company for your needs.
- Ask for referrals: A good place to start your search is by asking around for names of commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio that other people you know have worked with and recommend.
- Search online: The modern consumer is online, and that means the modern commercial real estate company will be, too.
- Interview agencies: While many commercial real estate companies Columbus, Ohio has to offer will ask you a great number of questions about your needs, remember to fire questions back at them, too.
- Create a short list of real estate companies that you may consider. Jot down notes for each one; for example, positive feedback or reviews. Note the person who referred you (if any). Also record the agent you spoke with, and even any thoughts you may have on that person. And list credentials, such as their education, licensing, certifications, and other background information.
The ABC Method
There are a variety of methods you can try when doing your homework; however, at The Robert Weiler Company, we have found that the “ABC” method works very effectively:
- A – Avoid Inexperience: All reputable commercial real estate companies will have a long list of referrals and a portfolio of success to show for their experience. Trust that.
- B – Beware of Common Misconceptions: Remember that the customer is always right. Avoid agents or real estate companies that are not going to put that first.
- C – Choose Trustworthiness: Overall, go with the commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio that you feel you can trust.
Questions to Ask
The Internet makes it very easy to help you make educated decisions about the commercial real estate companies Columbus, Ohio has to offer. But how can you be certain you’re choosing the right partner? It’s not always about what you know, but what you ask!
Cover the Basics
There are certain questions that you will always want to ask, no matter what. These are going to be the “meat and potatoes” of how you really get to understand the top commercial real estate company you eventually choose to work with. Make sure you understand the company’s background and licensing. You want to know how much they know; this will help you adequately determine if the particular company can give you exactly what you need. Below are some basic questions.
- How long has your commercial real estate company been in business?
- Do you have the proper real estate licensing for Ohio?
- Are you insured?
- Do you have referrals that you can provide?
- What fees do you charge?
- Based on my budget, what type of commercial real estate can I afford?
- What is your experience in Columbus, Ohio, in terms of commercial real estate availability?
Get Down to the Nitty Gritty
You may also want to ask some additional questions, for good measure. This will help you really dig down and understand the big picture of the commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio. If you will be making a longer-term commitment to the Columbus commercial real estate company (such as looking for someone to help manage the property in which you are looking to invest), the following questions could be particularly important.
- Who are your top competitors, and what makes your firm better?
- Do you offer property appraisal services and property management services?
- What is the full scope of commercial real estate services you provide?
- Do you work with outside commercial real estate brokers, or other professionals, or is everyone in-house?
- What do you feel are the specific benefits of investing in Columbus commercial real estate?
- Will you make recommendations that can help increase my investment value?
Begin Your Quest for Commercial Real Estate Companies with Us!
Since 1938, The Robert Weiler Company has been continually striving to anticipate the needs of those seeking commercial real estate in the Columbus area. We are committed to you, and we are also committed to those ABCs. Buying a property does not stop at signing on the dotted line, and it is not as simple as deciding to make an investment. Our experts understand the complexities of commercial real estate investing and have the ability to service your every CRE need – from appraisal to brokerage, property management, and more.
Let us show you how we’ve earned our reputation as one of the most sought-after commercial real estate companies in Columbus, Ohio. Contact The Robert Weiler Company at 614-221-4286 and make a smart investment!