Don’t Miss It: ColumbusREALTORS® Upcoming Events [UPDATED] Monday, October 16, 2017
Columbus realtors need to look no further for a top-notch realtor association than the ColumbusREALTORS®. With their mission being to provide leadership and education to the community, this group has done exactly that since 1908; most notably, in their association sponsored events and classes.
Have you been taking advantage?
For members of the ColumbusREALTORS® association, monthly events provide a way to network, build their expertise, and gain experience in varying areas of real estate. Aside from events, members also have the opportunity to expand their knowledge with classes hosted by industry leaders and professionals. Not a member of ColumbusREALTORS®? You can still experience some of the events and classes that are open to members and non-members alike.
Don’t Miss These CRE Events & Classes
While their event and class lists are extensive, as a professional Columbus real estate agent, we’ve highlighted those that seem the most intriguing to us. You may want to mark the following upcoming dates on your calendar.
- Appraisal Forum: We’re in this Together – October 12, 2017 @ 10:00 AM. This is the fourth annual forum and features a panel of appraisers. Topics include the appraisal process, best practices, misconceptions, and a Q & A session.
- The Internet of Things & Real Estate – October 16, 2017 @ 2:30 to 4:30 PM. Don’t know what “Internet of Things (IoT)” is? Don’t worry; by attending this event, you will understand how loT enhances real estate, including energy efficiency, security, safety and quality of life. You’ll also learn about the types of devices in a smart home; how a smart home can improve quality of life; auditing a smart home; transferring ownership of connected devices; and the terminology used in smart home technology. Given the ever-evolving digital landscape, this event will definitely prove worthwhile. Reserve your seat today.
- October YPN Happy Hour Mixer – October 16, 2017 @ 5:00 to 7:00 PM. After a long day at the office (especially on a Monday), who doesn’t need a Happy Hour? Join YPN (the ColumbusREALTORS® Young Professionals Network) for their monthly Happy Hour Mixer; it is taking place at World of Beer Gateway (1568 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43201). Those in attendance are eligible for a special giveaway! Be sure to register.
- CORPAC Major Investor Reception – October 26, 2017 @ 5:30 to 7:00 PM. Join fellow leaders at this annual event to learn how you can protect your business as a REALTORS® Political Action Committee major investor. By invitation only; contact Ida Seitter or Brent Swander from ColumbusREALTORS® for details. Don’t delay; RSVP must be by October 18th.
- YPN Mastermind Event 3: President’s Panel (Q&A) – November 9, 2017 @ 4:00 to 7:00 PM. Don’t miss this Q&A panel with top real estate industry leaders. Our very own Skip Weiler will be among the panelists! Tickets must be purchased by November 3rd; $5 gets you one drink ticket, appetizers, and all the answers to your real estate questions.
- Columbus REALTORS® Foundation Luncheon – November 16, 2017 @ 11:00 AM to 1:30 PM. One of the largest events of the year will be chock full of fun with a cocktail hour, lunch & presentation, raffles, auctions, and cool prizes! Proceeds will benefit both the CRF and James Cancer Research Center.
- O-Zone Tailgate – November 18, 2017 @ 7:30 AM (lasts all day). Use your Buckeye spirit for a good cause! This event doesn’t have any costs involved, just your time. Volunteer to help the ColumbusREALTORS® Foundation at the O-Zone Tailgate. The event is open to all, so bring your friends (membership is not required to participate). Help build our community!
- 2017 President’s Ball – December 9, 2017 @ 6:00 to 11:00 PM. As you reflect on Mic Gordon’s (the 2017 President) theme for 2017 — “Learn, Earn and Give Back,” spend a fun evening with your friends and colleagues at the Hyatt Regency Hotel Ballroom (350 N. High St., Columbus, OH 43215). Social hour is at 7:00 PM and the dinner and program start at 8:00 PM. (You may reserve a hotel room in advance by calling 888-421-1442.) Register early!
- YPN Holiday Party – December 13, 2017 @ 5:00 to 7:00 PM. Ring in the holidays with YPN (the ColumbusREALTORS® Young Professionals Network)! Join your peers for drinks, dinner, and festivities at Guiseppe’s Ritrovo (2268 E Main St., Columbus, OH 43209). And, make a child’s holiday bright this season with the donation of an unwrapped toy for the Firefighters for Kids Toy Drive. (The toy donation is in addition to the ticket price of $30.) Register now!
- Realist Tax Search – December 14, 2017 @ 9:00 AM to 12:15 PM. Learn all there is to know about tax records and MLS listing data with Realist during this 3-hour lecture. Topics covered include: connecting to Realist from the MLS, customization, searching tax records, reporting, trends, neighbor searches, and much more. The cost is $30, only if continuing education credit is desired; otherwise, it’s free. Reserve your seat today!
- Real Estate Data Accuracy – December 20, 2017 @ 10:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Are you concerned about racking up MLS Data Maintenance Fees? Attend this class to learn how to enter an MLS listing more accurately. You’ll also learn about MLS policies and violations that can trigger fees and fines. Find out how to request waiving a fine, too!
Check out the full list of upcoming classes and events, including further details and registration deadlines for the above events, on the ColumbusREALTORS® website.
Take Advantage of All ColumbusREALTORS® Has to Offer
For the commercial real estate broker, it can be easy to get wrapped up in the daily activities of the work week and forget about keeping your skills fresh. Fortunately, the ColumbusREALTORS® association makes it easy. These classes are designed for all levels of Columbus real estate professionals. Whether you are new to the trade or someone who just wants to brush up on your skills, they are worthwhile! You can find a ton of helpful information and resources on the website, www.columbusrealtors.com.
Since 1938, The Robert Weiler Company has been Central Ohio’s trusted commercial real estate experts. However, we did not get there alone. As members of ColumbusREALTORS®, we have been honored to both be a panelist at and attend their events and classes. ColumbusREALTORS® works hard to provide information and tools to its members, and we want to pass them on to you! Contact us at 614-221-4286 and let us know how we can help you today.