Celebrate Central Ohio Real Estate During Fair Housing Month Friday, April 06, 2018
Did you know that all across the nation and in the Central Ohio real estate community, April is known as Fair Housing Month? A commitment to equal opportunity for every community, this year marks the 50th anniversary of the landmark celebration. Each year, we recognize the importance of this event and reconfirm our commitment to upholding fair housing laws through our property management services, as well as our commitment to offering equal CRE services to everyone throughout their commercial real estate journey.
As you look at prospective investors of residential and multifamily properties (as well as all properties), join us in taking fair housing in our great region seriously – not just this month, but every month. Learn more about Fair Housing and what you can do to get involved, below.
Fair Housing FAQs
The Fair Housing Act was passed on April 11, 1968, to provide equal opportunity and access to housing in America. Regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, nationality, and sexual orientation, to name a few, all Americans should have access to fair housing without discrimination.
What counts as discrimination?
- Refusal to rent or sell housing
- Providing different housing based on the factors named above
- Persuasion of the sale or rental of a home
- Making housing unavailable
- Falsely denying that residential or multifamily property is available for inspection, sale, or rent
Ohio realtors have a responsibility to uphold this law. As such, Fair Housing Month is incredibly significant because it reinforces our commitment to how we uphold the law and recognize its value to society.
How Can You Get Involved?
Aside from offering equal and professional Central Ohio real estate services to all who seek it from us; as realtors, there are many other things we can do to celebrate Fair Housing Declaration, this month and every month.
- Have you agreed to the Fair Housing Declaration? Encourage all of your employees to review and accept it; consider posting it in your office for all who visit your real estate in Central Ohio to see.
- Every year, there is a Fair Housing poster created for our community; display it in your office.
- Encourage your realtors to distribute publications about fair housing.
- Use your consultation time to review all property with real estate seekers.
- Always stay on top of Central Ohio multifamily property listings so that you are aware of the variety of properties listed in our area. Remember: Not everyone will be seeking high-value property. You must stay informed and aware of all comparable properties.
- Consider hosting a Fair Housing event. You can encourage individuals looking to invest in multifamily properties in different areas, price ranges, or with other specifications to attend unique, personal consultations in a group setting.
TIP: Learn more details, view the declaration, and print the poster by visiting… https://www.nar.realtor/fair-housing
The Robert Weiler Company Serves Central Ohio Real Estate Seekers
At The Robert Weiler Company, the foundation of our commercial real estate company rests on everything the Fair Housing Act was built on: opportunity. It is our goal to provide investors of multifamily properties for sale and landlords who need property management services with the proper consulting; they’ll be able to make a more informed decision when purchasing a iresidental property, and abide by the Fair Housing laws.
With 80 years of serving this community, we understand your needs for Central Ohio real estate and want to help you get the value you deserve. Give us a call at 614-221-4286.