How to Become a Property Manager Columbus Trusts Wednesday, December 17, 2014
If you’ve ever made an investment in Columbus real estate, you know how important the role is of a property manager. Columbus is home to many successful property management companies; their goal is to enhance your investment’s ability to generate income.
But what if you’ve discovered that managing the details – property maintenance, marketing, and tenant management – is something you are passionate about? How do individuals become a property managers? What certifications do they need? Find out that and more, below.
Become a Columbus Property Manager Today: The 411
Columbus, like any other part of the United States, requires that individuals meet certain certifications in order to become property managers.
- First things first, you will want to have education beyond high school. Consider taking courses in business, management, accounting, law, and finance. A property manager needs to understand all of these variables in order to do their job effectively.
- Pass the Ohio property management licensing examination.
- Become a Certified Property Manager in Columbus through the Institute of Real Estate Management; understand the requirements, as they are specific to this certification. These include the required courses for the exam, a degree in real estate, professional experience, a passing score on the examination, and references.
- Think about the financial aspects. Remember, it is not just about the down payment in which you make on the property; it is also about the mortgage and your income to cover any monthly payments. Also, consider that there will be additional fees for utilities and other developmental factors after your purchase.
- Consider joining a professional property management association. This will allow you to take advantage of continuing education courses, seminars, and networking.
- Once you are certified, you will need a job! Job listings may not be right out there in the open. Of course, scour various job listing sites. You can also perform a property search in Columbus real estate; reach out to some properties that look appealing to you and see if they are seeking a property manager. Often, this career path is something real estate brokers may consider moving into. Do your homework and submit your resume throughout the field.
Looking Ahead: The Job Outlook
54.5 percent of the population in Columbus is in a management profession. Are you ready to join them?
- The average salary for a property manager is $52,610, annually. As a property manager Columbus has to offer, you would enjoy increased benefits, since the cost of living is lower when compared to the national average.
- For an entry-level position as a property manager, you only need a high school diploma.
- The job outlook is good – projected to grow at a rate of 12% between now and 2022.
As a property manager Columbus has to offer, you have flexibility – something highly sought after in any profession. Consider this: Most property managers work out of an office. However, many managers spend a good portion of their day away from the office for their daily tasks; these tasks can include showing property, maintenance, or meeting with owners and investors.
Rather Hire a Property Manager? Columbus Trusts The Robert Weiler Company!
Since 1938, The Robert Weiler Company has proved to be a top-rate property management company. Are you looking for a property manager Columbus trusts? We can help! Give us a call at 614-221-4286 for a free consultation.