Celebrate Real Estate Ohio During Fair Housing Month
Did you know that all across the nation and in the real estate Ohio community, April is known as Fair Housing Month? A commitment to equal opportunity for every community, this year marks the 46th anniversary of the celebration. As you look at prospective buyers that real estate Columbus Ohio
has to offer, you should know that, here in our great state, we take fair housing seriously – not just this month, but every month.
Fair Housing FAQs
The Fair Housing Act was passed on April 11, 1968 to provide equal opportunity and access to housing in America. Regardless of race, color, sex, religion, disability, or nationality, to name a few, all Americans should have access to fair housing without discrimination.
What counts as discrimination?
Columbus Ohio realtors
- Refusal to rent or sell housing
- Providing different housing based on the factors named above
- Persuasion of the sale or rental of a home
- Making housing unavailable
- Falsely denying that property is available for inspection, sale, or rent
have a responsibility to uphold this law. As such, Fair Housing Month is incredibly significant because it reinforces our commitment to how we uphold the law and recognize its value to society.
How Can You Get Involved?
Aside from offering equal and professional Ohio real estate services to all who seek it from us, as realtors, there are many other things we can do to celebrate Fair Housing Declaration
, this month and every month.
- Have you agreed to the Fair Housing Declaration? Encourage all of your employees to review and accept it; and consider posting it in your real estate Ohio office for all who visit you for consultation to see.
- Every year, there is a Fair Housing poster created for our community; display it in your office.
- Encourage your realtors to distribute publications about fair housing.
- Use your consultation time to review all property with real estate seekers.
- Always stay on top of real estate Ohio listings so that you are aware of the variety of properties listed in our area. Remember: Not everyone will be seeking high value property. You must stay informed and aware of all property.
- Consider hosting a Fair Housing event. You can encourage individuals seeking property in different areas, price ranges, or with other specifications to attend for unique, personal consultations in a group setting.
The Robert Weiler Company Serves Columbus Real Estate Seekers
At The Robert Weiler Company, the foundation of our company rests on everything the Fair Housing Act was built on: opportunity. It is our goal to provide real estate buyers with the consulting they need to obtain the property they seek.
With over 75 years of serving this community, we understand your needs for real estate Ohio
and we want to help you get the value you deserve. Give us a call at 614-221-4286.