Property Managers Columbus Scam: Beware!
When it comes to the property managers Columbus has to offer, scams may be somewhat harder to detect than the Nigerian Prince who wants to share his millions with you, but they are plentiful, nonetheless. These scam artists can defraud both property managers and renters, so both ends of the spectrum need to beware of deception.
Renters: Don’t be Fooled
From the perspective of a potential renter, there are several ways to best avoid being defrauded by a con artist pretending to be property managers Columbus trusts. One way that has developed recently is a new website called www.checkyourlandlord.com
, which is cost effective and allows you to find a lot of useful background information in an easy way.
More traditional methods include the following:
- Be very inquisitive (the more questions the supposed property managers Columbus has to offer can answer without stumbling, the better).
- Make sure you meet at an office that seems legitimate.
- Check listings websites to make sure the property isn’t listed more than once.
- Pay in a traceable way (no cash or money orders).
- Find out if the Columbus real estate property is in foreclosure (if it is in foreclosure, it cannot be legally rented, so it is definitely a scam).
Landlords and Property Managers: Stay Vigilant
For landlords and Columbusproperty manager
, there are also several steps you can take:
- Post all pictures of the property with a watermark so it cannot be copied and used by others.
- Check websites regularly for real estate Columbus Ohio offers to see if somebody else has listed your property without your consent.
- Don’t give anybody keys to the property until their deposits have cleared.
- Get as much info on your potential renter as you can (be inquisitive).
- Be somewhat vague in your listing (list neighborhood, but not street address, so that it is harder for somebody to fraudulently list your property).
Columbus: There is Someone You Can Trust!
If you are in Columbus, Ohio, there is another way to make sure a rental transaction is on the level: go to The Robert Weiler Company. Their sterling reputation extends over 75 years in the business and they offer a full service experience, which includes appraisal, brokerage, consultation, development, and property management services. So if you are looking for somebody to manage your property and weed out delinquents, or if you are a renter looking not to get scammed, having The Robert Weiler Company name attached to the property is a foolproof way to make sure everything in your rental transactions goes smoothly.
Contact the property managers Columbus
trusts at 1-614-221-4286.