Things to Look for in Your Realtor When Searching for Officespace
Are you looking for officespace here in Columbus Ohio? If so, we’re glad to hear it! Surely you know that office space is 60% cheaper here in Columbus, compared to New York City. However, searching for commercial Columbus Ohio real estate can be daunting when you are doing it alone.
Perhaps you are also looking for a real estate broker. Before starting your search, you need to think carefully about many elements – the location, the type of building, and even the expenses beyond the initial cost of the place. When it comes to all of that, having the right realtor at your side is a huge help.
Do you know what to look for in your realtor?
When was the last time you sought out a general physician? Do you have that moment in your mind? If so, now imagine that experience, except replace the doctor with your commercial realtor. Choosing an office space in Columbus Ohio is a big deal, so you want someone at your side to help you, the same way you want a good doctor.
Are you still not sure what to look for? Consider the following:
- Find someone who is personable. This is someone who will be able to get along well with you, and also with potential sellers.
- You want someone who is licensed and in good standing with commercial real estate.
- Locate a commercial property broker who can provide you with referrals.
- Seek out an expert in commercial real estate. Since you are looking for officespace, you want someone who has experience with commercial real estate, not residential.
- Make sure they work full-time. This will be the difference between you obtaining the property you want and someone else getting it before you.
- Search for someone who has knowledge of the marketplace. This might be the most important part – you want someone who has experience with the real estate market where you are looking. This person will be able to help you get the most for your money and understand what is for sale in the area.
In order to find a commercial realtor for your next officespace, you can start in many places. You can consider searching the various boards of accreditation for lists of certified brokers in the area; these include the following:
- Society of Industrial & Office Realtors (SIOR)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM)
- Certified Real Estate Brokerage Manager (CRB)
- Accredited Land Consultant (ALC)
You can also search the Internet for referrals or local commercial real estate firms. In Central Ohio, The Robert Weiler Company has been assisting commercial officespace buyers since 1938. They can help with brokerage, appraisal, and even management. Call 614-221-4286 to begin your search.