Have Hunting Land for Sale in Ohio? Make it Perfect for Deer!
Owning commercial real estate is one thing – it requires maintenance and upkeep. Owning hunting land for sale in Ohio, however, is an entirely different situation. Not only does it require maintenance and upkeep for human standards, but if you want to use it for its intended purpose (you know, hunting) then you need to maintain it for deer, as well.
Creating an ideal habitat for deer means that you need to overcome quite a few factors, and also take advantage of what you can control.
Building Up the Necessities
If you want deer (or any other animal, really) to call your place home, then you need to provide them with the necessities: food, cover, and water. The good news about this is that these three things are well within your control.
Let’s start with the food. Instead of running out and spending a lot of money on feeders, why not establish natural vegetation on your hunting land for sale in Ohio? Below are several tips to help you along:
- Add fertilizer to your property.
- Approximately 10% of your property should consist of openings – this helps with the growth of plants and vegetation.
- Carefully use controlled burns to diversify the vegetation on your property.
- Consider disturbing the soil through tillage to stimulate the growth of grass.
Next, work on improving the cover on your Ohio hunting land for sale. This makes deer feel safe and secure. Believe it or not, many of the same strategies you are using to improve vegetation can also help cover, as deer will often use plots containing corn and other vegetation for cover.
Finally, make sure you have plenty of water available – you can do this with a creek, pond, tank, or watering hole.
Establishing Your Land
After you have worked to build up the necessities on your land for your deer, you will also want to consider a few additional factors, as follows:
- Deer can sense hunting pressure. For this reason, you may want to consider limiting the number of people hunting or scattering the days of the week in which people are hunting.You should establish at least one safety zone on your hunting land for sale in Ohio with
- You should establish at least one safety zone on your hunting land for sale in Ohio with thick cover where deer can feel safe. Make it off-limits to hunting, scouting and even hiking. This will be a good place for deer to feel secure and keep them feeling like your property is a place they can be.
- Always be sure to collect data on your Ohio property for sale. This includes the number of deer, as well as their age, and any other data. This enables you to keep track of their routines.
Are You Seeking Hunting Land for Sale in Ohio?
In Ohio, hunting land is a commodity. At The Robert Weiler Company, we have been Ohio’s trusted commercial real estate experts since 1938. Give us a call at 614-221-4286; let us know how we can help you with your hunting land for sale in Ohio.