What You Need to Become a Columbus Property Manager Today
Here in Ohio, the number of property management professionals is increasing – and with good reason. The yearly mean salary for a Columbus property manager, for instance, is $67,690. Now, factor that in great market access, standard of living, and valuable tax climate, and you can easily see why individuals seek out Ohio as a place to start their property management career.
Are you looking for a job as a property manager in Ohio
? Consider this your ultimate guide to standing out among the crowd. Here are our recommendations for the top certifications, licenses, and schools for property management in Ohio.
- Government Issued Real Estate License & REALTOR® LicenseMany states require that a property manager have a real estate broker license as well. As a Columbus property manager, the more you can do the better. Why depend on a real estate broker when you can do that job, too?
- Residential Management Professional (RMP)This certification is highly recognized. In order to achieve this certification, you must meet certain requirements:
- You must have a real estate license
- You must have two years (minimum) of experience
- You must have managed at least 25 rental units
- Certified Property Manager (CPM)A certified property manager will be required to take 7 different courses in order to achieve this designation. These courses include:
You will also be required to create a sample property management plan and have a number of years of experience. However, this will no doubt set you apart from your peers.
- Investment Real Estate
- Financial Tools
- And more
- Certified Professional Property Specialist (CPPS)This certification is ideal for those who are new to the property management industry and are seeking entry as a Columbus property manager. Once you obtain this certification, you may also become eligible for other certifications – such as the ones listed above. For many, this is a necessary first step.
In order to qualify:
- Document your work experience
- Take the exam
- Choosing the Right College: You DecideWhether you are seeking out a Property Management Certification, Associates degree in Property Management, Bachelors degree in Property Management, or a Masters degree in Property Management, where you go to school is a huge choice – and investment. There are 63 colleges and universities in the Columbus region, so we recommend you choose the school which has a program that will set you apart from others who want to get into Columbus real estate and property management.
In Ohio, there are 29 schools where property management is offered. Will you go to a university or a community college? You decide.
The Difference Experience Makes
At The Robert Weiler Company, our property managers have been leaders in the Columbus OH real estate
industry since 1938. Our advisors have been certified, and experienced all Ohio has to offer when it comes to managing real estate. Give us a call at 614-221-4286 and learn how a Columbus property manager
at The Robert Weiler Company can help you today.