5 Things To Know Before Buying Columbus OH Real Estate
If you’re thinking about relocating, you’re in for a great life ahead if you decide to buy Columbus OH real estate. Where else can you see these kinds of statistics?
Columbus OH is one of the fastest growing major metropolitan areas in the U.S.; and it’s celebrated as the second strongest metro in the U.S. for job creation
- The unemployment rate is a very low 4.3% (1.4% lower than the national average).
- Columbus OH is ranked as one of the coolest cities in the Midwest.
- The Columbus Region tops the list of places where your dollar goes farther – the cost of living is lower than the national average, and the lowest in the entire state of Ohio!
- Columbus OH schools are ranked the top in the U.S.
- Columbus OH has the number one zoo, public library, science center, and ice cream!
Whether you are moving the whole family or looking to make a business investment, it’s important to understand the ins and outs of where you are purchasing Columbus Ohio real estate. At The Robert Weiler Company, we are not only a recognized realtor in Columbus Ohio
, we are also lifers here in Columbus, Ohio. We understand that you’re looking to learn more than just statistics – although the points above are pretty stellar!
We think that makes us your go-to experts for what to know about Columbus before buying real estate Columbus OH
has to offer. Here’s our list of the top 5 things you need to know about Columbus, Ohio before buying real estate or relocating.
1- You Can Make Your Mark if You Buy Columbus OH Real Estate
Did you hear that Columbus was named the best city to make your mark
by Forbes? Everything from home sales to job opportunities make it the ideal place to settle down.
- The median home sales price is around $99,000; meaning home ownership is a blink away for many.
- 820,000 Residents does not mean you cannot get the hometown feel – for families, college students, and young professionals alike.
- Looking for a job? Columbus is ranked one of the top ten best suburbs in the U.S., with relation to job access.
In Columbus, it’s easy to get your feet on the ground and start running. In fact, young professionals are moving here at rapid speeds because they know it’s a great place to start their lives. And as someone considering to buy Columbus OH real estate – whether it’s commercial property for sale
or a home – that means that you’ll have a stable economy and a great population giving back to it.
2- College Town = Profitability
The Columbus Region is home to 63 colleges and universities! There is a total enrollment of more than 138,000 college and graduate students and more than 22,000 annual graduates. What does this mean?
- Columbus OH is a thriving city with constant new faces exploring, learning, and growing with us.
- Columbus OH is a destination for many./li>
Ohio State University is one of the largest universities in the U.S.; you’ll never miss out on a thing when you’re in town.
3- Cost of Living: It’s More Than Dollars and Cents
You already learned that the cost of living in Columbus OH is 1.4% lower than the national average, but there’s more than just that to consider.
- Housing is competitively priced with an index of 77.
- Costs for healthcare, transportation, and utilities are near the national average.
- The Columbus OH real estate market is competitive – more than 68% of homes are affordable for the median income.
4- Working in Columbus: The Ideal Situation
In Columbus, Ohio, there are over 1 million workforce contributors. But don’t feel like you’ll be in competition for scarce jobs when you buy Columbus OH real estate; the region is one of the fastest growing areas in the Midwest.
- The median age of Columbus workers is 35.7 – more than 2 years younger than the national average.
- In Columbus, the population growth outpaces the national average (more workers, more jobs, more opportunity).
- Workforce development is a priority in Columbus – dozens of vocational and technical schools, colleges and universities, grants, and workforce development programs are available.
- The government is on board with making an ideal workforce in Columbus – the JobsOhio Workforce Grant was created to promote economic development, business expansion, and job creation by providing funding for the improvement of worker skills and abilities.
5- Doing Business in Columbus OH: A No Brainer
According to data from Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, Columbus ranks as one of the top areas for startup business activity. Why? Because the business climate in Columbus is ideal for workers and employers alike.
In Ohio, there are tax incentives for business owners that make the cost of business a no-brainer. If you are ready to purchase Columbus OH real estate and own a business, you should note that businesses in the Columbus Region benefit from:
- No personal property tax
- No inventory tax
- No state corporate income tax
But that’s just the tip of the iceberg! Owning and operating a business in Ohio comes with tax savings and incentives from local governments as well as resources, credits, grants, and loans for new, small, and expanding companies. Some of which include the job creation tax credit and community reinvestment tax credits.
What Are You Waiting For?
Still not convinced? Well, then read this article from the Washington Post, comparing our nation’s capital (Washington, D.C.) and Columbus, OH. Spoiler: the jury says move here and buy Columbus OH real estate!
So, now that you’re convinced, who is your first call? How about The Robert Weiler Company for all of your Columbus OH real estate
needs? Contact us at 614-221-4286.