Work With Us
Join The Robert Weiler Company > Open Positions
If you’re passionate, reliable, and ready to make a change, we want to hear from you!
Below are descriptions of our current job openings. Please review the details carefully before applying.
REAL ESTATE APPRAISAL ASSISTANT
- Set up appraisal files, prepare folders, set up folders on server.
- Assist in extensive research and fact verification related to individual appraisal assignments.
- Prepare appraisal reports: Typing from handwritten and dictated materials, formatting, and production of typed documents and reports prepared by senior staff.
- Bind reports, once completed, and prepare for delivery.
- Draft correspondence, emails, and bank authorization letters as required.
- Mapping: Primarily using online mapping services and commercial software products.
- Assist appraisal team with a variety of administrative activities.
- Other duties, as required.
Qualifications/Skills Required or Preferred:
- Interest or background in real estate/appraisal (experience not required).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preference is given to programs that develop skills in written communication, technical analysis, and critical thinking.
- Competence in written communications, including strategies, spelling, punctuation, and sentence structure. Fluency in English is required. Completion of advanced writing courses is an asset.
- Excellent computer skills: The work requires routine operation of SQL Server databases, Microsoft Office programs, use of digital imaging, and online research sites.
- Competence in phone communications.
- Excellent typing and transcription skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, to assist in interaction with colleagues, clients, and third-party sources.
- A penchant for research and an eye for detail.
- A commitment to reliable, punctual, and quality work.
Supplementary Education Requirements:
Applicants are expected to be working toward a future in the real estate appraisal industry. The Robert Weiler Company will accommodate and compensate this person’s attendance to courses that lead to certification as a Certified Real Estate Appraiser.
Conditions of Work:
This role is an office position and the hours of work are typically 8.30 am to 5.00 pm. Extensive use of computers is a requirement. The position entails occasional travel during normal business hours for site visits within the State of Ohio.
This assistant must be willing to work the above-listed hours, to prioritize heavy workloads, and have a positive attitude. He or she will be expected to work well with a team, as well as unsupervised.
Pay & Benefits:
Compensation takes the form of a wage and benefits package (medical and dental), tuition reimbursement for work-related education, and opportunity for commissions in the future.
How to Apply:
We are looking to hire for this position of a Real Estate Appraisal Assistant, immediately. Please send a resume and cover letter to Gina Molinari at firstname.lastname@example.org by the EOB on Friday, January 12, 2018 to be considered for this position.